Here at Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data. This privacy notice explains how your data is collected, used, transferred and disclosed by us. It applies to data collected when you use our websites and when you interact with us through social media, email, or phone, or when you participate in our competitions or events. It covers:
- The personal data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
- Links to other websites and third parties
- How we share your data
- Your rights
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
Who is Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd
Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd are distributors of Tiles and Ceramic products.
Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd, of 6A Cartwright Court, Dyson Wood Way, Bradley Business Park, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1GN (collectively referred to as “Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd”, “we”, “us” and “our” in this privacy notice) is the controller and responsible for your personal data collected through this website www.uktcs.com and related websites (the “websites”).
Details of our Data Protection Officer responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice, and our details are set out in the “How to Contact Us” section at the end of this notice.
Our commitment to you
We have always taken the protection of your personal data seriously and will process your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice describes the personal data we are collecting about you and how it is used.
We will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, to:
- Fulfil your order(s)
- Give you a better shopping experience
- Help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- Improve our services
- Meet our legal responsibilities
How we keep your data safe and secure
We have in place appropriate organisational safeguards and security measures that will protect your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved (https).
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your data and to treat such data in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
- Identity Data includes information such as: first name, last name, title along with optional information such as middle initial/name, date of birth, tax/VAT number.
- Contact Data includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country.
- Transaction Data includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders.
- Technical Data includes information such as: details of the device(s) you use to access our services, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password for our websites which is encrypted, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you and preferences.
- Usage Data includes information such as: how and when you use our website, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs etc.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website page or feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect your data
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our website;
- Subscribe to our social media sites or create wish lists;
- Enter a competition;
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service);
- Automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect the following types of data (all as described above): Technical Data about your equipment, Usage Data about your browsing actions and patterns, and Contact Data where tasks carried out via our website remain uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned shopping baskets. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Please see our About Cookies policy below for further details.
- Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies’.
- Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legitimate and legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- We have your consent to do so, or
- We need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Uses made of your personal data
Your personal data is used by Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd to support a small range of different activities. These are listed in the table below together with the types of data used and the legal bases we rely on when processing them, including where appropriate, our legitimate interests. Please be aware that we may process your personal data using more than one lawful basis, depending on the specific activity involved.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing & basis of legitimate interest|
|To create an account and register you as a new customer||Effecting a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including: recording your order details; keeping you informed about the order status; process payments and refunds, collect money owed to us; and assist fraud prevention and detection.||Effecting a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. to process payments & refunds etc)
|To manage our relationship with you, including: providing you with any information, products and services that you request from us; notifying you about changes to our services, terms and conditions or privacy notice; asking you to leave a review or take a survey.||Effecting a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products and services)
|To enable you to take part in a competition or event.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products & services)
Where you have decided to enter into a competition or event, for effecting a contract with you
|To protect, administer & improve our business and our website, including: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data analysis.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, IT, network security, and to detect and prevent fraud)
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content, online advertisements and information for you; and measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to discover how customers use our products and services, to develop them and develop our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to: improve our website, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;|
and for market research, statistical and survey purposes.
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to discover how customers use our products and services, to develop them and develop our marketing strategy)|
|To recommend products, services discounts and offers that may be of interest to you, including to send you such information by email, post or SMS.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business) or
See further details in the section ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies'
|To inform or remind you by email of any task carried out via our website which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve the shopping experience of our customers)|
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We may process personal data without your consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
If you have any questions about how Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd use any of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is absolutely necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available per case on request from us.
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
Just like almost all websites, our website uses small cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website and to keep track of your visits to us. They help us to provide you with the best experience when you browse through our website and they are also used to make improvements to our website. These cookies help us and our advertising networks to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
We use online advertising to keep everyone aware of our latest products and prices and to help you find our products. Like many companies, we may target Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd adverts to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers.
Our use of analytics and targeted advertising tools
We use a very small range of analytics and targeted advertising tools to display relevant website content on our website (as described above) to you to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyse Google’s interest-based advertising data and/or third-party audience data to improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content.
In order to opt out of targeted advertising you need to disable your ‘cookies’ in your browser settings (see our Cookie details).
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- To business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the table above in the section ‘How we use your data’, such as:
- Third party payment processing services (including Sagepay, Worldpay and Paypal) to process your payment to us. Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd does not store your payment information. Your payment details are securely provided to the payment processing service you have selected, who are compliant with necessary regulations;
- Third party service providers and logistic providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- To any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- To protect our customers and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal data that is required to make identity checks and personal data that we obtain from making identity checks (including data relating to your name and location), together with account information, with organisations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- To our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request the transfer of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
Brief details of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email with as much detail as possible relating to your query to us at email@example.com.
Request access to your personal data
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain information relating to our processing of your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal data at any time by logging into your account on the relevant website and update your details directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request erasure of your personal data
This enables you to request that Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd delete your personal data, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific product warranty and legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data
You have a right to ask Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data, or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Where processing is restricted, we are allowed to retain sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
Request the transfer of your personal data
You have the right to obtain a digital copy of your personal data or request the transfer of your personal data to another company. Please note though that this right only applies to automated data which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the data to perform a contract with you.
Object to processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it (as explained above). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your data which may override your rights and freedoms.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at email@example.com. You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (the data protection regulator in the UK).
We would, however, always appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change or update this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website.
How to contact us
We welcome feedback and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your data.
Please send any questions, comments or requests for more information to our nominated representative and Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 24th May 2022
Tile & Ceramic Solutions Ltd
Registered Company Number: 07297924
UK VAT Number: 993 3158 88
Cookies are very small text files that contain really small amounts of information which allow our site to recognise your device and are downloaded to your device when you visit a website if you agree to the site doing so. Cookies are then sent back to the website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and are extremely widely used in order to either make websites, work more efficiently, let you navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites.
Change Browser Settings
If you don’t change your browser settings and continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to us continuing to download cookies onto your device. Whether or not you allow us to download cookies is up to you, but if you choose to disable cookies by changing your Browser Settings, our Website and its features may not necessarily work in the same way or produce the same personalised experience. If you delete all of your cookies, you will have to update your preferences with us again. If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.